California Sikh Community. Parade in Stockton, California, May 11, 1945.
When the first Sikh immigrants arrived in California’s fertile Central Valley more than a century ago, they found farming conditions similar to those in Punjab. The Sikh community now accounts for 95% of peach farming, 60% of prune farming and 20% of almond and walnut farming in Sutter County.
- waveofeuphoriaa reblogged this from fuckyeahapihistory
- waveofeuphoriaa likes this
- materialworld likes this
- heyitssarahmay reblogged this from loveandzombies
- aubade likes this
- loveandzombies reblogged this from fuckyeahapihistory
- exhausteddiligence likes this
- loveandzombies likes this
- mansi-in-berkeley likes this
- superqueerwonder likes this
- simsimmer likes this
- genericlatino likes this
- fuckyeahapihistory posted this